In This Edition:
- The Peoples Community Bank to Purchase AnchorBank Office in Richland Center
- Annual Community Food Drive: November 15th thru December 15th
- Lobby Hours for the Upcoming Holiday Season
- Five Tips to Remember When Shopping for a Home
- Bank Awarded "Superior" Rating by BauerFinancial
The Peoples Community Bank to Purchase AnchorBank Office in Richland Center
The Peoples Community Bank recently announced that they had entered into a definitive
agreement with AnchorBank of Madison, Wisconsin, for the purchase of their branch office
at 187 South Central Avenue in Richland Center. The purchase is subject to approval by
the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Wisconsin Department of Financial
Institutions. Assets being purchased from AnchorBank in the transaction approximate
"With the growth that our loan office in Richland Center was experiencing we needed a
full-service location in which to more effectively serve the needs of our customers,"
commented Gary Harrop, president of The Peoples Community Bank. "We look forward
to making permanent our commitment to the Richland Center community."
Under terms of the agreement, employees of the AnchorBank location in Richland Center
will be retained by The Peoples Community Bank and loan officers Tom Delagrave and
Tom Gainor will move from the bank's loan office in Richland Center to the new location.
The Peoples Community Bank manages in excess of $500 million in assets, employs
66 people and has offices in Spring Green, Plain, Barneveld, Arena and Mazomanie.
Chartered in 1891, the bank is locally owned with 200 area shareholders and specializes
in fixed-rate mortgages, commercial and agricultural loans.
4th Annual Community Food Drive: November 15 to December 15
Join us in making a difference this holiday season!
In return for your generous support, we're offering you several incentives:
- Anyone donating three (3) or more canned/dry goods, or $5.00 or more in cash, will be eligible to enter a drawing for a $100 VISA gift card at each bank location.
- Unlimited entries into the drawing are permitted.
- The bank will match cash donations up to $1,000 to be disbursed between our food pantries in Arena, Barneveld, Mazomanie and Spring Green.
- And, bank employees can wear blue jeans to work during the 30-day period but they have to contribute $5.00 toward the effort each day that they do so.
> Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
> Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - Noon
Donations can be dropped off at any of our five locations:
> Arena - 614 Highway 14
> Barneveld - 100 Ernie Drive
> Mazomanie - 222 W. Commercial Street
> Plain - 1065 Main Street
> Spring Green - 166 S. Lexington Street
All proceeds will go to support those needing assistance in our local communities.
For more information, please contact any representative of The Peoples Community Bank by phone at (800) 795-2151, or e-mail email@example.com.
Five Tips to Remember When Shopping for a Home
Inventories of homes for sale are still very thin in most markets, particularly so-called "starter homes" because they are being scooped up by investors. If you're currently searching for a home in this tough housing market, don't give up. Here are some tips that can help you:
1. Draw up a budget. Buying a home is an expensive endeavor, so it's important to be prepared. Before you look at even one listing, draw up a budget that accounts for all costs, including: down payment, closing costs, taxes and property insurance.
2. Be ready to buy. Once you find a home, you must be ready to show the seller that you're serious. One good way to do this is to get pre-approved for a mortgage. Sellers today often won't want to take a chance on you if there is a chance that your financing will fall through, so get a pre-approval letter from your lender to include with your offer.
3. Stay on top of new listings. Some real estate websites and brokerages post "coming soon" listings for properties that are not yet officially on the market. Spend time every day searching for these listings, as well as for new listings that fit your criteria.
4. Don't be too picky on repairs. Your inspection might bring to light a number of issues that will need to be addressed before or after you close. Go through the list carefully and decide which repairs you can do yourself for little or no cost and which repairs the owner will either need to fix or compensate you for in the final settlement.
5. Don't make an emotional decision. Don't allow yourself to fall in love with a house until you have thoroughly checked it out and you know that you can afford it. Emotional buying decisions are bad decisions much of the time. Revisit your budget and get approved by your lender before you let down your guard.
Free resources and helpful mortgage tools available on PCB's Mortgage Web Center site.
Lobby Hours for the Holiday Season
Lobby hours at our five locations will be modified during the coming Holiday Season. Please make note of the following schedule:
* On Wednesday, December 24th we will be open from 8:30 AM to Noon.
* We will be closed on Christmas Day (December 25th).
* On New Year's Eve our lobbies will be open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
* We will be closed on New Year's Day (December 31st).
Note: If you need a transaction processed for 2014, these transactions must be made prior to 5:00 PM on Wednesday, December 31, 2014.
Bank Awarded "Superior" Rating by BauerFinancial
The Peoples Community Bank was recently awarded a "Five Star-Superior" ranking from the nation's leading independent bank-rating firm BauerFinancial, Inc.
"It is an honor to be recognized by BauerFinancial as one of its strongest banks in the country," said Gary Harrop, president of The Peoples Community Bank. "Our communities are recovering from a tough economic period and we are optimistic about the improvement in our local economy. We are extremely proud of our employees for their contribution that earned this recognition, and for their hard work to prosper through the Great Recession."
Using a complex and rigorous scoring regimen, Bauer Financial presented its top rating to The Peoples Community Bank as a testament to its stability and strong management. To earn the Five
Star "Superior" rating, The Peoples Community Bank needed to report not only impressive capital levels, but also a strong loan portfolio with negligible levels of delinquent loans, as well as other positive financial criteria.
BauerFinancial, Coral Gables, Florida, the nation's leading independent bank and credit union rating and research firm, has been reporting on and analyzing the performance of U.S. banks and credit unions since 1983. No institution pays BauerFinancial to rate it, nor can they choose to be excluded. Consumers may obtain star ratings by visiting www.bauerfinancial.com.
This newsletter does not constitute tax, legal, accounting or other professional advice. We attempt to be accurate, but neither we nor any other party shall be held liable for loss or damages resulting from reliance upon or use of this material. © 2014 The Peoples Community Bank.
- 4th Quarter 2019
- 3rd Quarter 2019
- 2nd Quarter 2019
- 1st quarter 2019
- 4th Quarter 2018
- 3rd Quarter 2018
- 2nd Quarter 2018
- 1st Quarter 2018
- 4th Quarter 2017
- 3rd Quarter 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- July 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012